Any action we take as Streemie, Inc. will be first to provide the best service we can when using any of our products of services. While using any products, services or or visit any of our websites, owned and operated by Streemie, Inc, we may collect some or all of the following data, in order to provide you with our service or to improve our products:
- Cookies (when you log in or sign up on any of our websites, or our web-based services), the cookies we collect are primarily the cookies our website will generate for you. We do NOT collect cookies that belong to other websites.
- App tracking: Our apps use third party tools to track analytics, monitor crashes, track usage, performance monitoring, track user acquisition, and more. The apps we use for this include, but not limited to: Google Analytics, Facebook, Firebase, Kochava, and Fabric. By consenting to use our app, you consent to being tracked by these tools.
- App data: We collect data about you in our apps. This enables a better customer experience that is tailored to what you want to see. We also collect data to fulfill legal requirements and for fraud prevention. This data includes: phone number, name, cryptocurrency wallet address(es), task completion history, earning history, withdraw history, device information, Facebook account, Google account, location information, profile picture, and IP addresses.
- Device information: We may collect device information when you log in into some of our apps, in order to identify which account is logged in to that particular device. This also helps us to secure your account and to provide the best-in-class security service to our Users.
- Timestamps: Some of our products and services will keep track of each event occurance. This helps us diagnose any problems so that we can deliver better products and services for you.
- IP addresses: Like the majority of social websites, some of our apps or websites will record IP addresses, primarily when you sign up or submit a user-generated content. This is primarily to prevent the abuse of our services and to provide protection to our Users.
- Other information you may provide to us during your experience using any of our products and services may include data such as email addresses, display names, and your user-generated contents.
- As standard among websites, some of our apps, and our websites use Google Analytics for tracking to help us better understand our audiences so that we can provide the best experience possible.
To read more about Google Analytics, Click Here
Privacy and security of our Users is very important to us at Streemie, Inc. We do NOT share any of your data to other parties, unless required by law, or authorized by you (an example would be e.g. You as the User share your post to other users in any of our social products). Your data will not go anywhere without your consent or a court order.
We may share data we collect about you including unique identification numbers associated with mobile devices or through its API (including, for example, a Unique ID for Advertisers ("IDFA"), Unique ID for Vendors ("IDFV"), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device processes, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, device name, battery life, and, depending on the user's mobile device settings, the geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of the mobile device ("User Data") with our third party partners, that enables us to provide you with information, advertisements, or offers specific to your location and interests. By accepting our terms of service, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your data by our third party partners for the purposes of: (i) providing or improving their services; (ii) enabling third parties to assist us in better serving and understanding our users; and (iii) sharing your data with third parties so they can provide or enable the provision of content, offers or other marketing solutions that may be of interest to you. You also consent to having your data transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in which our third party partners or their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers or partners maintain facilities. If you do not consent to the collection and transfer of the aforementioned data through the identification of your mobile device, we recommend that you: (a) delete our app or adjust the in-app settings of the app; or (b) opt out of sharing your mobile advertiser ID by limiting ad tracking on the device. For iOS, navigate to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the "Limit Ad Tracking" setting. For Android, open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable "Opt out of interest-based advertising.For more information on specific opt-out choices, Click Here.
We retain your personal information for a long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies. How long we retain personal information can vary significantly based on context of the Services we provide and on our legal obligations. For legal reasons, we must keep the following data for 7 years: Phone number, first name, last name, cryptocurrency wallet address(es), task completion history, earning history, withdraw history, and W9/W8BEN IRS forms. For fraud detection purposes, we hold the following data for at least 1 year: IP addresses, device information, and other information used to detect and deter fraud. You can request to have the following data removed, else it will be removed along with the above data after 7 years. This includes any data not listed above, including but not limited to: Facebook account, and Google account. Data older than 7 years old will be removed once per year.
Compliance & Cooperation With Regulators
We maintain servers around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy. We also comply with certain legal frameworks relating to the transfer of data, such as the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks.
When we receive formal written complaints, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly.
If European Union (EU) data protection law applies to the processing of your information, we provide the controls described in this policy so you can exercise your right to request access to, update, remove, and restrict the processing of your information. You also have the right to object to the processing of your information or export your information to another service.
We process your information for the purposes described in this policy, based on the following legal grounds:
With your consent
We ask for your agreement to process your information for specific purposes and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
When we’re pursuing legitimate interests
We process your information for our legitimate interests and those of third parties while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for things such as:
- Providing, maintaining and improving our services to meet the needs of our users
- Developing new products and features that are useful for our users
- Understanding how people use our services to ensure and improve the performance of our services
- Customising our services to provide you with a better user experience
- Marketing to inform users about our services
- Providing advertising to make many of our services freely available for users
- Detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with our services
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Streemie, our users or the public as required or permitted by law
- Performing research that improves our services for our users and benefits the public
- Fulfilling obligations to our partners like developers and rights holders
- Enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms of Service
When we’re providing a service
We process your data to provide a service you’ve asked for under a contract. For example, we process your payment information when you upgrade your subscription within Streemie.
When we’re complying with legal obligations
We’ll process your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we’re responding to legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
When this policy applies
- The information practices of other companies and organizations that advertise our services
- Services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may include Streemie services, be displayed to you in search results, or be linked from our services